The Cirdan Sailing Trust requires two skippers for their 2023 programme including for their vessel Queen Galadriel a 32m Baltic Trader.
Start Date: 30th January 2023 (negotiable for the right applicant). Contract until early November 2023
Salary – Depending on experience and vessel starting at £24,000 pa pro rata.
‘The Trust’s skippers take a leading role in delivery of our sailing programme of providing opportunities to disadvantaged young people to develop life skills through the challenge and adventure of life at sea. 2023 sees the Trust’s 40th anniversary of operation.
The appointed skipper will take responsibility for the safe operation of the vessel, delivery of our sail training programme and maintenance of the vessel’s equipment under guidance from the management team. As a small charity, the successful candidate will need to be a strong team player with a positive attitude.
Candidates should have the following:
– RYA Yachtmaster (Offshore or Ocean) with commercial endorsement.
– ENG1 Medical
– Experience of skippering vessels 20m and larger
– Experience of boat maintenance
– Knowledge of commercial vessel requirements
– Experience of working with young people in some capacity (not necessarily sail training)
– Empathy with the youth of today
– The right to live and work in the UK
It is desirable that candidates have the following but not essential:
– RYA Cruising Instructor
– Gaff rig experience
– Experience of traditional wooden vessels
– Experience of sail training
The successful candidate will hold, or be subject to, an enhanced DBS check.
Applications can be made by sending a CV and covering letter / supporting statement via email to [email protected] The closing date for applications is 14th October 2022.’