Hours: Permanent- 35 hours (21-35) per week, flexible working patterns available
Location: Flexible (Home working with occasional visits to West Mersea and Ipswich)
Salary: Competitive (To be agreed with suitable candidate ca. £15,000-£20,000 pro-rata)
We are an established sail training charity constituted through the scout association, whose goal is simple… to give young people and vulnerable adults from all backgrounds the chance to discover their sense of adventure – and in the process develop transferable skills that will stay with them for life.
Overview – We are looking for an individual who is a good all-rounder – we can tailor the role to suit the individuals’ skills and experience. The below is a good guide to three important strands.
- To support and deputise where appropriate for the Operations Manager to provide day to day office support activities to maintain AOs operations capability providing a safe, enjoyable and rewarding environment for service users.
- Support with the tracking of compliance elements for the organisation.
- To assist in completing fundraising activities, i.e. completion of grant application forms, community outreach and contact building.
QUALIFICATIONS and DESIREABLE SKILLS:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Good telephone manner and customer service skills
- IT skills, including the ability to work on all Microsoft Office and online applications.
- Social Media Skills (posting on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter would be desirable)
- Ability to prioritise own time and work unsupervised with good attention to detail.
- A driving licence and access to own vehicle with business use insurance
- Knowledge of the sail-training sector would be desirable.
We are looking for someone who has a pleasant and personable character and likes dealing with people. You will need a flexible approach to working, some tasks can be urgent and time-bound.
To apply please send a current CV and short covering paragraph to [email protected]
Closing date – ongoing – please apply ASAP to ensure the best chances of success.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis until a suitable candidate is found.