Tall Ships Youth Trust is looking for Freelance Skippers and Mates to work on its Challengers and Ketch.
Tall Ships Youth Trust is dedicated to enabling young people aged 12-25 to fulfil their life potential through experiences at sea and by breaking down the barriers they face.
Successful applicants will need to complete an application form including a DBS Check and will be required to complete both practical and online training.
Candidates need to:
- be able to work with young people from diverse backgrounds
- have good communication skills
- ensure levels of safety and standards aboard are maintained
- be able to fulfil their role effectively
- act with tact and diplomacy
Minimum qualifications required:
- Yachtmaster Offshore (with Commercial Endorsement)
- ENG1 (Preferred) or ML5
- RYA First Aid (with Cat C) or similar MCA approved Frist Aid
- VHF Radio License
A training/assessment voyage is booked for 9th to 11th June 2021. Please advise when applying if you can attend this voyage.
If you are not available, individual training/assessment voyages can be arranged.
Rolex Fastnet 2021
Tall Ships Youth Trust is also looking for a Mate for the Rolex Fastnet campaign this year.
In addition to the above, racing experience including flying spinnakers on larger vessels is preferred.
If you are interested in the Fastnet please mention this in your covering note.
To apply, please send your CV with covering note (including current availability) to [email protected]